Young researcher permanent position on neurodegenerative diseases
ETAP-Lab invites applications for an exciting young researcher permanent position in research and development of a new models in neurodegenerative disease. The successful candidate will work in a collaborative research environment with academical interactions.
The first two years, the candidate will be dedicated to the project BIOPROLOR2*; it is a public-private consortium which aims at discovering new plant-derived molecules with health benefits to speed up the development of innovative drugs and active ingredients. ETAP-Lab leads the strategic axis of Alzheimer’s disease, develop innovative and translational mice models and evaluates the efficacy of new active molecules in those animal models.
Employment start date: 2019-01-01
- Develop research plans and proposals
- Perform behavioural test and brain tissue investigations (ELISA, western blot, immunohistochemistry, histology…)
- Manipulate mice (treatment, surgery, behavioural tests)
- Collect, analyse, and assure validity of data
- Work in compliance with quality system ISO 9001
- Write progress reports; write and publish findings
- Collaborate with colleagues and academic institutions
- Adhere to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct by the company
Who you are:
- You hold a PhD in neurobiology, neurophysiology or neurosciences
- You are looking for your first permanent position
- You are passionate about finding innovative solution for creating translational animal models.
- You have in depth knowledge in the field of Alzheimer’s disease
- You have a solid background in brain physiology especially in brain metabolism.
- You followed a training in animal experimentation and you have experience by using rodents in research protocol. You have good animal contact; rodent behavioural experience will be appreciated but not essential.
- You have a good practice of immunochemistry and immunoassay on brain tissue, experience in molecular biology is required.
- You are well known for your strong team spirit.
- Excellent English skills, written and spoken, complete your profile.
- Good French skills, written and spoken is required.
Who we are:
ETAP-Lab is a Contract Research Organisation based near Nancy (FRANCE). For 25 years, ETAP-Lab performed research preclinical studies in pharmacology and provide its scientific expertise to pharmaceuticals and agro-food companies. ETAP-Lab is experienced and well-known in the field of toxicology, dermatology and neurology. ETAP-Lab offers animal models with high translational value that are adjustable to answer to its client’s questions and co-develops new models with their clients.
For an application please send us your resume, a cover letter relative to the position and all relevant certificates at email@example.com .
*BIOPROLOR2 is co-financed by the “Region Grand-Est” and the European Union through the operational programme “FEDER-FSE Lorraine et Massif des Vosges 2014-2020”.